Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun.
– Randy Pausch, author of The Last Lecture
The hallmark of successful people is that they are always stretching themselves to learn new things.
– Carol S. Dweck
The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
– Dolly Parton
Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.
– Langston Hughes, poet, novelist, playwright
You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
– Indira Gandhi (1917-1984), first female Prime Minister of India
Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
– Maya Angelou, poet, author and civil rights activist
Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.
– Frida Kahlo (1907-1954), Artist
It always seems impossible until it is done.
– Nelson Mandela, 1918 – 2013, South African anti-apartheid leader
This guide is based on and inspired by SUNY Fredonia's Virtual Care Package and University at Buffalo's Virtual Stress Relief guides. Special thanks to their awesome librarians for sharing ideas, resources, and much needed virtual R&R.
© 2020 Hudson Valley Community College. All Rights Reserved.
A State University of New York College
Sponsored by Rensselaer County